You’ve heard us say it before: stronger relationships = stronger results. But in the maelstrom of today, it’s not easy to focus on our work relationships in our limited time together.
Specifically, it’s hard to know what more can be said given that many remain frazzled, fatigued, and frustrated—and for good reason.
For anyone feeling stuck, here’s a list of five questions you can pose with employees to refresh your conversation, deepen your connection, and indicate your support. Note: In all cases, consider colleagues’ cultural norms when deciding which questions could strengthen the relationship.
- How are you feeling? (Or how do you feel about work these days? if the general query would seem out of place)
- What are you excited about? Anxious about?
- What’s working well for you? What have you done recently that you’re particularly proud of?
- Do you have what you need to be successful here?
- Is there anything I can do to be more helpful?
We hope this helps!
As always, reach out if we can be helpful to you as you continue on the path of igniting exceptional performance at your company.
The HAVEN Team