We're on the look out for a Leadership Development Facilitator to join the HAVEN team
- Are you passionate about data-driven but human-centric approaches to leadership development? Many of us are former management consultants who analyze EVERYTHING, but we enjoy humans and the uniqueness that comes with each one.
- Are you interested in delivering experiential programs while engaging your audience—even when they, I don’t know . . . won’t turn on their cameras?
- How do you feel about being vulnerable, sharing your stories, and creating authentic spaces where participants feel comfortable doing the same? This is at the heart of what we do.
- What about laughing? Is that something you enjoy?
At HAVEN, we believe wholeheartedly in what we do. And, we try to have a bit of fun doing it.
If you have an interest in joining a group that loves what they do—with a dash of shenanigans—please keep reading.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the client to identify learning goals and desired outcomes.
- Lead and facilitate sessions championing participant learning in alignment with the client’s goals.
- Create a dynamic and exciting classroom where participants are actively engaged in the learning and practice of course concepts, leveraging various methods of instruction and coaching.
- Manage the program experience, ensuring that any disruptions in class are handled swiftly so that participants can actively engage and learn throughout the session.
- Engage with the HAVEN Program Management team to provide feedback in support of ongoing program improvement.
- You have many, many classroom miles delivering leadership development content. Did we mention the many classroom miles? Please have lots of experience delivering leadership content to an audience—of humans. Stuffed animals and imaginary friends don’t count.
- You have a strong command of facilitation and leadership development best practices from a range of experts, such as Chris Argyris, Doug Stone and Sheila Heen, Kim Scott, Ted Lasso, etc.
- You are comfortable (and really enjoy) facilitating a room full of smart and opinionated people. And you’re humble enough to realize that you’re probably not the smartest person in the room. Like, by far. Our clients are wicked smaht.
- You can bring leadership content to life because you’ve lived it. This first-hand experience allows you to demonstrate an understanding of the challenges leaders face and drive meaningful conversations.
- You can tell stories in an authentic way, allowing for participants to feel and express vulnerability and honesty during discussions. And you’re kind of funny. If you’re not funny, you are OK poking fun at yourself.
- You have extensive experience delivering virtual and in-person programs with an understanding of how to best use technology solutions to most effectively deliver content (i.e., zoom breakout rooms, polls, etc.). It’s OK if you’re just as sick of Zoom as we are, as long as you keep going.
- You should be based in the Boston metro area, as the majority of sessions will be in-person once it is safe to do so. That’s going to happen in 2022, right?
- As part of the interview process, we are requesting a video where you deliver a course, moderate a panel, etc. that shows you in action, engaging with participants. If you do not have a video, you could create and share a mock video or record part of an upcoming session you will be teaching.
- Facilitators are independent contractors who work on an assignment/project basis and are self-employed.
In it to Grow!
As is the case across all of our practices, we consider contracting with people who have already proven their capabilities in the respective domain, add diversity to our team, and align with our values.
Generosity doesn't create our success, it defines it.
Our highest impact is in cultivating others' geniuses.
Nothing great happens when held back by status quo.
Life is short, work better be fun.
Listen and Learn
Growth only happens when open to it.
Get in Touch
We will review information provided and be in touch if we sense a match in our needs and your capabilities. Thank you!